Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Gingerbread Boy, Proud of our Mustangs and a fun family Christmas weekend in Middle Tennessee!

Whew-last week flew by!  We attended the play of the Gingerbread Man at The Dixie-our local performing arts center last Tuesday. Take a look at their website www.dixiepac.net and get a tour of it. If you remember Dixie Carter from Designing Women, you will especially be interested in it since it is named after her and the theatre is named for her husband-Hal Holbrook.
We read some different versions of the "The Gingerbread Man" plus these other ones-"The Gingerbread Cowboy", "The Gingerbread Baby", "Gingerbread Friends" and my new favorite "The Gingerbread Girl". It's too cute!
Our family left after school on Thursday and headed on to Middle Tennessee. We went to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular show at Grand Ole Opry House on Thursday night. It was truly spectacular!!!! We watched our high school football team-the Mustangs- place as runner up in the District 1A state championship game on Friday morning at Cookeville, TN. They have had a wonderful season and we are proud of them and their hard work throughout the season. On Friday afternoon, we headed over to the Opryland Hotel for Ice "Shrek the Halls"-SO MUCH FUN! On Saturday, me and the girls headed over to the mall in Franklin, TN to browse and do just a little shopping. Kirk met up with some of his FBLA friends for lunch in Nashville. Marty stayed at our room on Smyrna Military Base and worked some on his masters class that he is taking. This morning me and the kids came home and Marty stayed and met up with one of his guard buddies to watch the Tennessee Titans game.
Did I mention that I caught something from my little sweeties?-two of my students were out last week with sickness-one was confirmed with the flu. Of course, he is the one who is our little sweetie that we all have to take care of and he is in my lap or in my face every opportunity he gets :)  so I have battled a yucky cold and cough since Thursday night. so far i'm treating it with otc's and home remedies but if that doesn't do the trick i'll be heading out to the dr. this week.
we only have 13 1/2 days of school before Christmas break begins so we've got a lot to do and not a lot of time to get it done. they will be benchmarking our students for AIMSWEB probably by the latter part of the week.
Don't forget to follow my blog-you never know I might just do a give away! :) here's wishing you and yours a fun and exciting December!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have been busy at school and home....lots of fun and blessed times. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete