Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting back into the swing of things...

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's back to school we go!  Christmas break is over and we  headed back to school today. This year we got out later than usual not until Dec. 20 but have had a longer break at the end so I must admit I have enjoyed having this week out after New Year's Day and I actually feel like I had a break and didn't mind getting back into the swing of things as much as I thought I would. I have to admit though that it's hard to start getting up early again when you've grown accustomed to staying up late and sleeping later in the mornings. :)
I had a "dressy" outfit laid out for this morning but after taking the dogs out and realizing how cold it was I decided khaki pants and a Mustang sweatshirt were a better choice for this Monday! I'm thankful that our principal doesn't require us to be "dressed up" fancy everyday as many times I am down in the floor working with the students or since sometimes they use me as a kleenex. :)
It was good to see the students again after the Christmas break. We got a lot accomplished which is good because I dreamed twice over Christmas break about school and in one of my dreams I started crying because I didn't feel like I had covered everything that I needed to. Funny thing is I always reflect and wonder and wish I'd done something else or more. At least I know I did the best I could.
So today went off well and I was able to get some new centers up and running and get some one on one assessments done for report cards that go home Friday. The kids adjusted fine to being back at school. One little boy cried towards the end of the day and said he wanted his momma. I told him I wanted my momma to but his mom and my mom were at work and they couldn't come pick us up. :) He stopped crying after that. :) He says this most days so it wasn't a surprise for him to cry and say it. Other than that the day went off without a hitch. I was contacted by the office staff to let me know I would be getting a new student tomorrow-a little girl- so say a special prayer for her and me. :)
As far as my 3 kiddos, they are doing well and survived their first day back at school. Kali actually was ready before me this morning (we'll see how long that lasts)! She's not a morning person and like Kirk is a night owl so I'm sure her true colors will shine through before the end of the week. :) Kirk started his last semester of his high school years! It's going to get busy now with plans for Great Pretenders(fundraiser for senior class) in February, FBLA State conference in April that he'll be presiding over, and then plans for graduation. He has decided on University of Memphis for college and once he decided for sure on that he said that was a load lifted off of him. Kara who started 2nd semester of sophomore year is also busy with plans for FBLA this spring as she will be running for Regional Officer. 
Thank you for reading my blog! I know it's simply a journal of my life as a teacher, mother and wife but I enjoy being able to share with my followers my life and being krazy4K. :) I always kept a diary as a preteen and teenager but stopped shortly after marriage. I feel that this is a way for me to journal and if nothing else to look back on one day and say remember when for me and my family. May you and yours enjoy a blessed and happy 2013!  

1 comment:

  1. I understand the whole kleenex wiping thing, that is why I wear jeans everyday. I always have someone attached to my legs, lol. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am your newest follower.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete