Friday, April 12, 2013

Finally and Count Your Blessings

I have been telling myself over and over many times in the past month that I needed to blog so Finally I have sat down to do it. Spring break was the last week of March and it was cold (snowed a little but not enough to play in) and then cloudy. It was nice though to have some time off. Since then, we have been busy reviewing all the skills we have worked on in Math and working on Unit 6 skills in Reading. We are also preparing for the TCAP test April 22-26. I think the worst part for me is having to cover everything up in the classroom. I will do that one night next week. I don't want to do it too soon because it makes the room look drab but I want to do it soon enough that the kids get used to it.
This past Friday-Wednesday our family was in Chattanooga for the Tennessee Future Business Leaders of America state conference. Our son, Kirk, is the state president so he presided over all the ceremonies as well as many behind the scene activities. Kara our oldest daughter is also an FBLA member and was inducted as the Region 2 President. There were 1900 FBLA members and advisors from across the state in attendance. We took Kali out of school as it is a good learning experience for her and of course according to her it just wouldn't be fair to not take her. :) We were able to visit Ruby Falls, Rock City and the Aquarium over the weekend before the sessions got started on Monday. We returned late on Wednesday and then got back to school yesterday. Ms. Raeleen, our wonderful Kindergarten computer lab teacher, was my sub and she did a great job keeping my students on schedule with their lessons while I was out. We were studying about plants this week and she even planted flowers with them! I Love Her!
Kirk is extremely busy with Senior activities and trips. I can't even name them all. He went to Africa over Spring Break on a mission trip and had a wonderful, memorable trip. Kara has decided to join the cross country track team so she has been busy getting in shape and she and Marty are enjoying running together whenever they can.
Before we know it summer break will be here and we will wonder where the time went. I have really had a great year with my class and I have grown to love them so as I always do each year.
These past couple of days I've had the blessing to spend some time with two sweet little children while their mom spends time with her mother who has been battling cancer since October and this past Wednesday had a stroke. They are cousins to us and very special to us! It is now just a matter of time until she meets Jesus face to face. So happy for her but so sad for family. Keep this family in your prayers, Count Your Blessings and treasure the moments we have here on this Earth with our family and friends.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leigh Ann! I just found your cute blog through HBBD, I'm your newest follower!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw glad you found me! I enjoy blogging because I've met so many new friends through it!

    ReplyDelete